GFHC currently has one open position:
POSITION TITLE: Clinical Case Manager / Care Coordinator, Genesee County Children’s Healthcare Access Program (CHAP)
Greater Flint Health Coalition is seeking an experienced Clinical Case Manager/Care Coordinator to use the nursing process to assist Genesee County Children's Healthcare Access Program (CHAP) clients (children ages 0-18 years and their families) with identifying and resolving health needs and concerns by means of health education, patient advocacy, coordination of care, and self-management of acute and chronic conditions. This will be delivered in a community setting and is a collaborative process with the individual and/or family to determine a mutually agreeable plan which includes providing and implementing available resources, health coaching, care coordination, and self-empowerment to the client in order to overcome health obstacles. The goal is to empower the client family to self-sufficiency in managing their child's health which results in quality, cost-effective health outcomes. This position works as a member of the interdisciplinary Genesee CHAP team collaborating with physicians, physician practices, and community organizations to provide services to individuals/families that address social determinants of health to achieve health equity for individuals/families.
Genesee CHAP is an innovative and collaborative approach to improve the health outcomes for Genesee County's children (ages 0-18 years) with Medicaid while reducing costs. Through Genesee CHAP, a multi-disciplinary, community and clinically-based team will link families with a medical home (primary care physician), health behavior and asthma education, transportation to medical home visits, interpreting services, and community resources to address social determinants of health. Genesee CHAP will not be providing direct health care or clinical services but serves as a community-based mechanism to eliminate barriers and improve coordinated use of services. Genesee CHAP is a partner in the eight county Michigan CHAP network that will develop a statewide expansion of the CHAP model.
Operated via the Greater Flint Health Coalition, the Genesee CHAP Clinical Care Manager/Care Coordinator will join our team based in Flint, Michigan, working in a fast-paced, demanding, but rewarding collaborative environment. You will have the opportunity to use your case management/care coordination experience, as well as clinical and community knowledge, to improve health outcomes and healthcare access for children.
Greater Flint Health Coalition serves as the neutral convener and backbone organization for public health and healthcare collaboration between Flint & Genesee County hospitals, physicians, insurers, businesses, government, public health, education, nonprofits, and citizens. We work to improve the health status of area residents, and improve the quality and cost effectiveness of the healthcare systems in our community.
- Work with Genesee CHAP participating physicians/physician practices to identify CHAP clients and coordinate their care.
- Provide group and individual health education, coaching, and treatment decision support for Genesee CHAP clients.
- Participate as part of a multidisciplinary team that provides comprehensive client services to assure quality healthcare.
- Provide medical case management services for children, adult and family clients of Genesee CHAP in a community-based setting.
- Coordinate client care by making appropriate referrals in order to maximize health and wellness.
- Conduct office/home visits and/or phone calls as needed based on client needs and referral options.
- Provide clinical recommendations/referrals for appropriateness of medical services.
- Collaborate with hospital discharge staff as needed to achieve appropriate and safe discharges.
- Act as an internal clinical resource for other Genesee CHAP team members.
- Participate in quality improvement, identifying system and process issues.
- Maintain appropriate and timely documentation.
- Adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and all related legislation to safeguard Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Other tasks as assigned.
Successful candidate profile:
- RN or LPN with a current, valid license in the State of Michigan and five years of nursing experience.
- Three years of medical and/or pediatric experience in an acute setting.
- Two years of experience in a managed care or community health setting.
- Current unrestricted Michigan Driver's License, automobile insurance and a reliable vehicle.
- Awareness and current knowledge of clinical best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all contacts.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Demonstrates ability and skill in the management of organizational change and continuous quality improvement (CQI).
- Embraces the concept of continued learning and change.
- Computer and keyboard proficiency and the ability to develop new skills with complex software systems.
- Demonstrates self-directed, self-motivated, responsible behavior.
- Able to think independently and make sound judgments.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality and is non-judgmental.
- Demonstrates a high level of cultural competency in the daily performance of duties.
- Informs supervisor of challenges; seeks guidance as needed.
- Supports and cultivates self and fellow team member's growth and development.
- Assumes responsibility of continuing education and improvement to enhance skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities and projects while meeting deadlines and expectations.
- Ability to discuss and understand the issues that surround health equity and health care systems.
- Follows all federal, state, and local laws/regulations and Greater Flint Health Coalition policies and procedures.
Greater Flint Health Coalition’s collaborative work environment emphasizes teamwork, personal commitment, integrity, and success. In addition to the meaningful and groundbreaking work to improve health on a community-wide level, GFHC offers a competitive annual salary and exceptional benefit package. Benefit package includes paid time off, medical, vision, and dental benefits plus life & disability coverage paid 100% by employer for employee, 403b, and more.
Send a resume, cover letter (addressing how you meet the required qualifications), and salary history by email to the Vice President of Programs, Greater Flint Health Coalition at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24, 2015.
In the subject line of your email, please write "Genesee CHAP Clinical Case Manager/ Care Coordinator".
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.